Krokowa district is situated in the western part of Puck poviat, almost 30 km to the west of Puck and 70 km from the Tricity. The Baltic Sea and sandy beaches of the Słowińskie Coast (Pobrzeże Słowińskie) stretching for 20 km constitute its northern border. The southern part of the district is covered with Oliwsko-Darżlubskie Forests (Lasy Oliwsko-Darżlubskie), and enclosed by Lake Żarnowiec to the west.
A complex of marshy seaside meadows stretching to the north and east from Sławoszyno. Within the area of Bielawa Marshes (Bielawskie Błota) there are Bielawa Marshes Cloudberry (Moroszka Bielawskiego Błota) and Bielawa Marshes Sweetgale (Woskownica Bielawskiego Błota) reserves which protect high peat-bogs of the Baltic type with their characteristic plants and water and mud bird sanctuaries.
The largest erratic block in Puck poviat is situated within around one kilometre to the north-west of the village. It is referred to as the "Devil Stone" or "Stagnant Stone". This erratic block is situated only partly above the level of the ground. However, it is extremely impressive with the circumference of 20 m and the height of 3,5 m.
The church of the Congregation of the Resurrection. A wooden chapel was built in 1935 in the western part of the village by the esurrection Priests, with reference to the tradition of wooden construction of the south of the Kashubia. Mainly wood was also used in interiors. After World War II, a rest and recreation centre was created at the chapel as well as the recently built holiday centre.
The neo-gothic church was constructed in 1833-1847 according to the design by Karol Gustaw Adolf von Krockow. It was a cruciform building, which was a reference to proportions of the cathedral in Rotterdam. The church equipment partly comes from a temple that existed there before. After the church was taken over by the Catholics in 1945, it was adapted to the requirements of the Catholic liturgy.
It consists of a Gothic church erected at the turn of the 13th and 14th century as well as some preserved developments of the former convent, with cloisters and a picturesque cloister garth. The church equipment is mainly baroque and dates back to the 17th and 18th century. Particularly worth attention are its altars, choir stalls, the pulpit and the baptismal font, as well as an original pietà form 1430, and a Gothic figure of the prioress gazing at the church.
The Regional Museum was founded in the 90's in cooperation with the West Prussia Museum. The converted interiors of the former inn "Pod księciem Mestwinem" present temporary exhibitions as well as a permanent exhibition devoted to the history of the neighbourhood
The eclectic palace was built by the Grasses in 1886 in place of baroque Kłaniński manor house. The partly preserved farm buildings were erected by the palace at the turn of the 19th and 20th century. A landscape park stretches to the east of the palace with a variety of numerous ancient forest specimens.
A fragment of a steep side of a forested, parabolic dune situated within c.a. one kilometre to the north of the village. A part of the natural beech-oak forest is here under protection mainly due to its one hundred and fifty years old stand covering acid sand-clayish soils covered with a layer of humus.
A reserve which covers marshy forests in Choczewo Forestry Commission. Species which occur here are characteristic of Atlantic communities, such as crossleaf heath, Rhynchospora fusca and 3 sundew species. Within the Reserve area the Commission established a c.a. 1300 m natural-forest path. Along the route there are information boards as well as two rest sites.
Royal Fern Reserve (Rezerwat Długosz Królewski) situated to the north of Żarnowiec -Wierzchucino road, at the level of Lake Żarnowiec, protects natural royal fern positions and the greatest Pomeranian Voivodeship population of stiff clubmoss. The reserve area comprises 148.19 ha.
A 56 ha forest and peat-bog nature reserve situated in Piaśnica Valley. The flora includes forest, thicket, meadow and rush communities. Birch-oak forests prevail here occupying elevations. Depressions are covered by the majority of meadows and rush communities in places.
A floristic reserve covering a part of the seaside forest and dunes situated between Karwieńskie Błota and Dębki. The local flora clusters in the undergrowth as well as ancient forest are protected.
A 17 ha florist reserve which protects the natural position of woodbine growing over the wet forest stretching along the southern edge of seaside meadows.
Czarna Woda Seepage Spring Area Reserve (Rezerwat Źródliska Czarnej Wody) covers the edge of Czarna Woda Valley (Dolina Czarnej Wody) between Świecino and Lisewo. The subject of protection is a complex of various forest clusters, located within the seepage spring area of Czarna Woda.
One of few natural river mouths to the Baltic Sea. A charming place worth seeing. In the interwar period it marked the Polish-German border, which is commemorated by the reconstructed border stone located by a small wooden bridge over the river. Piaśnica River is also an attractive route for kayakers who may reach the sea down the river and enjoy the beauty of beaches.
Green trail along the former railway line (17,4 km). It is one of newer cycle trails outlined along the former track. It runs from Krokowa to Gnieżdżewo (near Swarzewo). The route usually runs along tarmac roads. In place of fomer stations information boards and rest sites are located.
For almost seven centuries the castle was the home of the von Krockow family, one of the aldest noble families of the Pomerania region, to whom a permanent exhibition presented on the ground floor is dedicated. Today the caste walls house an accommodation facility and a restaurant. The castle is surrounded by a moat and a vast park. There is an option of a guided tour of the castle. There is the Regional Museum in the vicinity of the castle.
Mills in Czarna Woda River Valley funcioned as early as in the 18th century. Unfortunately, only two of three objects have been preserved until today.
An antique manor surrounded with an extremely charming park covering the area of 2 hectares, filled with old-growth trees. There are six 250 years old oaks - natural monments, an enormous purple beech, fragrant lime trees, ashes, colourful maple trees, including a sycamore maple and a rarely seen pyramidal English oaks. Within the manor one can find accommodation and a restaurant.
Strona 1 z 1