Przejdź do treści A- A+ Reset Wersja tekstowa Wysoki kontrast Pełna wersja
Jesteś tutaj: Home / Worth seeing / Puck municipality

Puck municipality

Municipality of Puck

Wind farms have become an intrinsic element of the landscape of the municipality of Puck. Many mysteries are hidden behind this modernist image...

Puszcza Darzlubska (the Darżlubie Forest) and the cliff shore of the Puck Bay from Swarzewo to Rzucewo and Osłonino are the most interesting sites for recreation. The Dobre Lake and the Puck Bay offering excellent conditions for sailing are recommended for amateurs of fishing. Caves in Mechowo are also an interesting geological curiosity. Characteristic posts near the entrance create its mysterious atmosphere … The municipality of Puck is crossed by qualified tourist trails, walking trails, biking trails, and horse riding trails as well as the Pomeranian Cistercian Trail. This municipality introduces us to the European cultural trails with its churches in Starzyno and Mechowo and the remains of the buildings of the monastery farm in Starzyński Dwór. The preserved granary, gatehouse with the chapel, water dam on the brook flowing into the Płutnica river, remnants of the water mill and a smithy – Cistercian historical monuments open up the world of the European culture in the Pomeranian region.

Marine hostel and tourist information point in Swarzewo

Here is a focal point of tourism and yachting. The Pier parking consists of a fixed and a floating marina. The platform in the harbour can only host units with low draft of 0.3 to 0.7 m. Larger must use an anchor. You can rent water sports equipment and find out about the nearest destinations.

The bike route: Mechowo – Jastrzebia Gora

Bike trail WTC includes cycling route "Grey Monks" leading from Mechowo to Jastrzebia Gora

The bike route: Swarzewo – Krokowa

Cycle route with a total length of 17.35 km, asphalt surface, as a whole is located on the embankment of a disused railway line.

Marine hostel and tourist information point in Swarzewo

Here is a focal point of tourism and yachting. The Pier parking consists of a fixed and a floating marina. The platform in the harbour can only host units with low draft of 0.3 to 0.7 m. Larger must use an anchor. You can rent water sports equipment and find out about the nearest destinations.

The burial mounds from the 8th-6th centuries in Mieroszyno

Mieroszyno, barrow, VIII-VI century BC, Lusatian culture, Bronze Age. One preserved as the whole of the large cemetery, located on the northern tip of Swarzewska Clump.

The relics of the former Cistercian farm in Starzynski Dwor

Traces of remnants of Cistercian farm. The system consists of water intake, the ruins of the forge, mill and restored granary from the end of XVII and beginning of XVIII century. Gate building with a clock tower and recently restored Cistercian chapel also dates back to the seventeenth century, but was rebuilt it in the nineteenth century. These objects are in private possession. In the park behind the pond burial chapel from the late nineteenth century of the von Grasso family can be seen, they were the last owners of the property. All facilities are objects on the Pomeranian Cistercian Route.

The parish church in Starzyno from 1649

The Parish church of St. Michael the Archangel was built from the foundation of the Cistercian abbot Alexander Kesowski between 1648-1649. The original baroque furnishings signed by abbey Kesowski crest and outstanding liturgical vestments made by Andrzej I Mackensen. In the church you will find XVII century, eschatological vision of the Last Judgment on the wall polychrome rainbow. The Church is an object on the Pomeranian Cistercian Route.

The parish church from 1742 in Mechowo

The parish church, half-timbered, from the half of XVIII century with a baroque interior. The facility includes paintings from the workshop of outstanding painter of the Pomerania Herman Hana, including extremely valuable iconographic „Fons Vitae”. Church is an object on the Pomeranian Cistercian Route.

Mechowo Caves

Mechowo Caves are located on the outskirts of the Mechowo village amid Darzlubie Forest, 10 km west of Puck. They were discovered in 1818 during the geodetic measurements by Heue and even today they impresses with its discreet beauty. Tickets: 2 PLN for adult, 1.5 PLN for students.

Beeches of Darżlubie (Darzlubskie Buki) Nature Reserve

The reserve is located in the Darzlubie Forest south of Mechowo village. It was created in order to preserve a part of Pomeranian beech and primeval forest with about 160-year-old trees.

The Wieniawa Hotel Palace in Rekowo Górne

The restored Wieniawa palace is an architectural masterpiece which performs the function of a luxury hotel today. The facility has 16 stylish rooms and great restaurant. Next to the palace, in a newly built Manor House there are 15 additional rooms. Swimming pool, sauna with aromatherapy, whirlpool tub and massage room remain to guests disposal. The Palace offers year-round tennis courts, squash, golf instruction and golf simulator, a wide variety of courses and team games.

The Sobieski Lime Alley in Rzucewo

There are centuries-old trees in the Rzucewo Alley, with partially preserved four rows system connecting Rzucewo with Oslonino.

The Below Palace in Slawutowko

Built in 1912 by Gustav Frederic von Below as the winter residence of the family. Before the war, the property was managed by the grandson of Gustav and Henrietta - lord Albrecht von Krockow, owner of the Krokowa assets. After the war the building fell into disrepair. In 2001 it was bought by a private person and restored as a restaurant. Currently, the object is closed.

The John III Sobieski Castle in Rzucewo

This impressive neo-Gothic palace located 7 km away from Puck was built in 1840 on a cliff over the Bay of Puck surrounded by old park. Nowadays it stands on the territory of the Coastal Landscape Park. You will find luxury accommodation in the stylish interior of the palace. Guests will have many interesting possibilities to spend their free time: evenings at the hunting lodge, wine tasting in the castle wine cellar, sauna, gym, billiards room, tennis courts and horse riding on the picturesque beaches and bonfire parties.

The Seal Hunter Settlement Culture Park in Rzucewo

It is placed on Rzucewo headland and is a reconstructed from the Stone Age, III-II thousand BC. Hills of Puck and Swarzewo Clumps in the Stone Age gave shelter for sealers tribes settling here. You can see the exhibition "Rzucewo in the Stone Age" and "Archaeological objects in the landscape of Kaszubia" and walk "Sealers path", on which there are reconstructed objects from the Stone Age.

Sanctuary of Our Lady of Swarzewo

Parish Church from XIX century with a wonderful Gothic statue of the Virgin Mary with Child (XV century). For centuries the Marian Shrine has attracted pilgrims of the Northern Kashubia region. The Sanctuary in Swarzewo is an object on the Pomeranian Cistercian Route.


Strona 1 z 1